Filesharing pushes a lot of traffic through I2P, but I2P was designed for that. It doesn’t mind wich p2p-protocol you use – there are those restrictions:
- Filesharing over I2P is slower e.g. in Bittorrent you can reach speeds between 10 and 100 KBytes/s
- You can only access content within I2P
The most common used filesharing protocol within I2P is Bittorrent.
There are many clients:
- i2psnark: it comes with the router as a webapp and is the most used client
- i2psnarkXL: this is an expanded i2psnark with more functions
- Robert: a Bittorrent-client written in Python using BOB
- Rufus: a Bittorrent-client written in Python using SAM
- Transmission: a port of the Transmission Bittorrent-client. Still in alpha status.
- and some older ones
Links to active trackers can be found in i2psnark!